The Accounting Manager position is to assist the Controller with the day to day accounting operations of the company. The ideal candidate will ensure the application of sound accounting practices and initiate process improvements, demonstrate proficiency in areas related to the technical accounting interpretation and financial reporting and communicate clearly with all levels of the organization.
- Oversees and participates in GL Accounting monthly close procedures, including balance sheet reconciliations, journal entry postings, and monthly P&L analysis
- Assists in the timely preparation of Financial Statements
- Prepare technical accounting research and documentation, including but not limited to the newly adopted revenue and lease standards.
- Act as a key point of contact for the annual audit
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or related field, CPA or MBA a plus.
- 5 – 10 years’ progressive accounting experience, public accounting experience preferred
- Thorough knowledge of general accounting including application of general accounting theory and principles.
- Strong leadership skills and attention to detail
- Exceptional analytical and problem solving
- Adaptable to change and has initiative to drive process improvements
- Ability to adopt and implement new accounting systems, experience with Netsuite is a plus
- Advanced excel skills and the ability to manipulate large amounts of data